– Approval of minutes of previous calls and choice of notetaker for the day
Quick updates on:
– Status of PRODEX proposal
– Sending Plan B’ document to agencies
– Decide EU representative in LB membership committee
– Newly proposed LB members
– Gov Subcommittee
– Gruber conference
Approval of minutes of previous calls and choice of notetaker for the day
Approved minutes of feb 2
Quick updates on:
Status of PRODEX proposal
We had meetings
- spanish group
Some aspect not clear yet
PMU unit thermometry
- FP: readout included in the PMU electronics
- no thermal control
- Cold absorbers?
- is there a thermal control?
- is it included in the PMU electronics?
Action on FP: to confirm
- Ludo: delivered by the US
- readout electronics included in the prodex
- even for the lowest stages.
- the hw not included
- the prodex will define the thermometer’s technology and types.
- each subsystem will install its thermometer
- defining the connectors.
- prodex provides the channels for readout
- specification set in the prodex call
- to be discussed with people in charge of FPU in particular
- use the S2S to discuss
- propose wednesday at 20UTC?
Sending Plan B’ document to agencies
- Contacted Masashi and Dobbs
- not written draft cover letter.
We agreed that each representative circulate to its agency.
We need different cover letters: CSA, ESA, JAXA (from ESC),
Better if we send it to Jaxa, but we make sure this is fine with Masashi
Single cover letter with different heading
Ludo will draft it today
- Adrian finalised the detectors specification document
- circulated to US partners for feedback
- will be made available by Friday
- to be circulated with PlanB’
Decide EU representative in LB membership committee
We had 2 proposals
- I had a chat with Erminia.
- Ludo decided not to candidate and to support Erminia
- I was important to agree on the content of the task
- technical aspect to be done that neither Masashi or Adrian will have the time to do
- Erminia can take this in charge
- the French community supports Erminia candidature
- I am willing to help the collaboration with this task
No other candidates.
No one contrary to the proposal
We agree on proposing Erminia to the membership committee after 48 hrs grace period
- the governance policy states that we decide with 2/3 majority
- suitable if we have yes/no, this is fine
- if we have to decide between 2 persons, this is not very suitable
- we should update policy to have a 50% majority after some rounds, or majority (if more than 2 options are present)
- we should try to keep large consensus
- we can propose 2/3 of voters attending (if they don’t express a vote)
- Jaxa rule: if there is no consensus, the PI decides
- 2 rounds should be enough
- we should consult the community, to have a broad agreement
- action to propose a modification to governance document
- agree among ourselves
- notify the EU consortium (Ludo)
- validation or agreement from the community is important. We are changing the rules of our own board.
Action on Paolo to draft a proposal
Newly proposed LB members
Several proposals are on the table
Belgium revised proposal:
- Christian Kintziger
- Marc Georges
- Benoit Marquet
- Jean-Yves Plesseria
- Karl Fleury-Frenette
- Lionel Clermont
- Sébastien Clesse
- Marco Drewes (MD) (UCLouvain)
- Deanna Hooper (DH) (ULB)
- Laura Lopez-Honorez (LL) (ULB)
- Christophe Ringeval (CR) (UCLouvain)
- Michel Tytgat (MT) (ULB)
- Thomas Hertog (KU Leuven)
PN: this is somehow a strategic proposal, to have support from CSL.
HKE: good to have belgium, also to get support from ESA.
EC: issue of technicians vs scientists
Ludo discussed with Christian. He considers CSL team instrumental scientists. Not technicians.
EC: in Cardiff we have technicians that do the work, but are not in LiteBIRD, and we are not a company.
PN: we need to consult JSG conveners. Who:
EC: these are strategic candidatures.
EK: not sure the ForeGround JSG is appropriate for Classe. Very similar to what Daniela and Fabio Finelli do.
PN: we send Classe to the LiteBIRD Project Scientist (Eiichiro)
The others to MHFT.
CEA; Pettorino, Farrens, Starck, Doumayrou, Pinsard
LM: we don’t have a “theory” group in LiteBIRD. Valeria can be very useful in outreach activities too.
She should find a clear way to contribute. Ludo hasn’t yet interacted with her.
It’s holiday time in French, for the next 2 weeks. We can wait for the three scientists.
to calibration JSG, in particular RF calibration activities (Sophie, Tomo, Kam) + MHFT WG (Paolo, Giampaolo, Bruno)
- Francesco Cuttaia
- Luca Terenzi
- Alessandro Coppolecchia
- Luca Galli
to Foregrounds JSG and DMG/Simulation
- Caterina Chiocchietta
Doodle out for next meeting
LM had a chat with Jan Tauber. Jan is asking for inputs. They have funds, and are willing to organize an event, Not to repeat the calibration workshop of December 2020. Would like to have something focused on LiteBIRD.
We should provide some ideas, and bring people’s names by next week.
LM is talking again with Jan in the first half of march.
Target for the workshop is the beginning of 2022.
EC: can we focus on detectors? Depends on decadal outcome.
LM: Jan would like to advertise before the decadal outcome. We can propose a few topics, including detectors.
Connection with Planck is important.
We should collect ideas from the european community, and make some proposals.
Action on Ludo: Open a google-doc for collecting ideas.