21-23 November 2018
We will have another hands-on meeting in Cardiff on November 21-23 to continue HFT studies and to answer to reviewers’ comments.
Preliminary Agenda – TBD
|Name-First||Name-Last||Institute||Country||Wednesday, 21 November||Thursday, 22 November||Friday, 23 November|
|Anthony||Banday||IRAP – CNRS||France||Remote||Remote||Remote|
|Marco||Bersanelli||University of Milano||Italy||No||No||Remote|
|Erminia||Calabrese||Cardiff University||United Kingdom||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Paolo||de Bernardis||Physics, Sapienza University||Italy||Remote||Remote||Remote|
|Marco||De Petris||Dept. of Physics – University La Sapienza||Italy||Remote||Remote||Remote|
|Josquin||Errard||APC / CNRS||France||Yes||Yes||Remote|
|Cristian||Franceschet||University of Milano||Italy||Remote||Remote||Remote|
|Pete||Hargrave||Cardiff University||United Kingdom||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Davide||Maino||Dept. of Physics, University of Milano||Italia||Remote||Remote||Remote|
|Enrique||Martinez-Gonzalez||Instituto de Fisica de Cantabria (CSIC-UC)||Spain||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Baptiste||Mot||IRAP – CNRS||France||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mathieu||Remazeilles||University of Manchester||United Kingdom||Remote||Remote||Remote|
|Hajime||Sugai||Kavli IPMU (WPI), Univ of Tokyo||Japan||Remote||Remote||Remote|
|Maurizio||Tomasi||Università degli Studi di Milano||Italy||Remote||No||No|
|Matthieu||Tristram||LAL – CNRS||France||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Patricio||Vielva||Insituto de Fisica de Cantabria (CSIC – UC)||Spain||Yes||Yes||Yes|
By coach from UK cities:
You can travel to Cardiff by National Express Coach from most UK cities. There are also Megabus routes into Cardiff from London, Swansea, Birmingham Airport, Manchester and Newcastle. The Megabus stops at Kingsway, just opposite the Hilton Hotel. Visit Megabus.com and nationalexpress.com to check timetables and routes, and buy tickets.
From Cardiff Airport:
Cardiff Airport is 12-miles west of the city centre.
- Trains run between the Airport (Rhoose station) and Cardiff Central station every hour, with a shuttle bus linking the Airport to train station.
- Trawscymru operates the T9 express service between Cardiff Airport and Cardiff Central station every 30 minutes hours during the day, 7 days a week. Visit Trawscymru for details.
- Other Airport transfer services are Rideways Transport and Flightlink Wales
From other UK Airports:
- Bristol International Airport is only 1 hour away by car.
- National Express coach services will provide a link to and from Cardiff to Bristol Airport.
- Alternatively, a shuttle bus (~20 min) connects the airport to the ‘Bristol Temple Meads’ train station where there are direct trains to Cardiff.
- Birmingham, Manchester and London Airports are also all easily accessible from Cardiff via train.
By Train & Rail: Cardiff has direct rail links to many cities in the UK including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham, Bristol and Southampton.
- The journey time from London Paddington to Cardiff is just over 2 hours and leaves every 30 minutes.
- For train times, information and to book tickets visit one of the following website:
Getting to the School of Physics and Astronomy
The School of Physics and Astronomy is located at Queen’s Buildings, The Parade, Cardiff CF24 3AA Walking from Cardiff Central Station takes approximately 20 minutes.
You can follow this link https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Cardiff+Central+Railway+Station,+Central+Square,+Cardiff+CF10+1EP,+United+Kingdom/51.484073,-firstname.lastname@example.org,-3.1721368,16z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x486e1cb26beab7ab:0x9ca4d0d9ca5c6edf!2m2!1d-3.1790141!2d51.4759657!1m0!3e2 or see maps in attachment. Walking from Cardiff Queen Street Station takes 8 minutes to reach the Queen’s Buildings. Turn right out of the station along Station Terrace, then right along Newport Road at the traffic lights. Cross Newport Road at the next set of traffic lights and turn left onto West Grove then left again onto The Parade.
Reception is through the entrance gates and then to the right (see maps in attachment).
Hilton Cardiff (~ £100 per night)
Kingsway, Cardiff. CF10 3HH
Park Plaza Cardiff (~ £100 per night)
Greyfriars Road, Cardiff. CF10 3AL
Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa (~£90 per night)
24-26 Newport Road, Cardiff. CF24 0DD
Tel : (+44)2921/132801
Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre (~ £60 per night)
Helmont House, 10 Churchill Way, Cardiff. CF10 2NB
Tel: (+44) 0871 527 8196
Fax: (+44) 0871 527 8197
Travelodge Cardiff Central Queen Street Hotel (~ £50 per night)
The Friary (off Queen Street), Cardiff. CF10 2RG
Tel: 0871 984 6467
Fax: 02920 641 705
Ibis Hotel (~ £60 per night)
Churchill way, Cardiff CF10 2HA
Tel: (+44) 2920 649 250